Just my passion~

Just my passion~

13 January 2013

Where is happiness found?

Just a generalization. A HUGE, HUGE generalisation with no intent of directing it at anybody or offending anyone. (In case any idiot reads this and doesn't get what i just said, its a disclaimer XD)

Happiness. Its a word on its own, but that 9 letter word holds so much in meaning and depth. Different people have different ways of finding it, but its true everybody wants their happily ever after.

I found a few groups of people finding happiness in different ways. Some find it in love, where finding a girl or guy of their dreams that loves them in return makes them happy. Some finds it in pursuing their dreams until it comes true, a living fairytale. Some find it in as simply helping other people and seeing their smile, others find it in pain. But whatever and where ever they find it in, it's happiness to that person.

But how far is someone really willing to go for that? Some wallow in self pity for months, for years just to get the one they lost, back. Some throw themselves into utter humiliation in order to get to where they want to be. Others would prefer to live the kind of life they always dreamed of. Maybe i'm too young to say anything. But i did observe something from my years of watching people fight for theirs. Most of them have a clear answer of what they want, but the moment you ask them, what for? They end up speechless.

They want happiness for that period of time. I mean, like honestly. They have been through this period where they think they would get the thing that they have been dreaming of and then the story ends there in, time stops and there. A fairytale is born. But if you ask these people why they are fighting for it, especially at my age, there's the usual response. I don't know, or they give a weak response which can be easily destroyed.

I mean, hey. I've been there once. I'm still stuck there for a few things (-.-|||). I thought making someone belong to me was all i needed. Love was all i needed to get through this whole passage of life, i'll die happily ever after. Then, a man came along... He made me see what ,to me, real and true happiness was. It was to be able to say everyday:"I would have no regrets if i were to go today".It was really waking up each day and having a purpose for that day, for a goal for something greater than myself. I realised i find the most joy in protecting the people around me, and taking care of them. My family, my friends, my brothers, that one girl.(Traits of my grandmother...i'm one hell of a naggy guy...) .Happiness is not something be faked, but something that shines from inside. He said:"You become yourself when no one is around. All the masks fall, and then your true self appears"
Lets be honest. How many people, when alone are really smiling? I know i am...even when i wake up, i feel great and ready for everything, to see everyone again. To handle the day with, well pretty much a confident me. It feels different when this motivation comes from inside. Everything starts looking up for you, people see you differently(or is it me seeing everything differently?) . I can laugh things off even though they hurt as hell, i'm suddenly able to be the one motivating people. I even got stared at because people thought i was crazy for smiling in public!(Shows how sad our society is...everyone goes out with a frown. Noticed that?)

To be honest, i had a funny dream. It showed two of me, one an old,bent wise grandfather and a cheerfully skipping grandchild. Both of them were standing on both ends of a golden weighing scale. To me, its a balance of things inside me. A perfect balance. Deep down, because of a few people who were really beside me, i found this coming from inside me. I finally got to be me.

Maybe this is my version of a happily ever after. But there's this one thing i can NEVER change about me. When it comes to loving a girl, i become the biggest fool for that girl...and i'm about to become one tomorrow!

So, what's your version of happiness?