Hell motivating, Leroy is now someone i respect to no ends. His anger was justified by the pain he had gone through... And what still mystifies me was what kept him going? And he answered this without me asking. He asked, "Who, are you? I dont want your title, your gender. I want to know, who are you?"
I understood his pain. I understood what was it like to lose a precious person and then have no idea what to do afterwards. I know what is it like, to grow up in a place where my parents are just any other friend to me, far away and i'm there alone.I'm pessimistic a person.But now, after his question i was hit hard in the face. Who was i? My answer came immediately. I had...about 10+ people come to mind straight away. I am going to be a protector , and a fighter for these people. Of course the top of the list being the top 3 most important ladies in my life. My grandmother, respect to her for handling a timebomb like me. My mother, who went through physical pain and mental pain to take care of the 2 stars in her life, me and my brother. And of course lastly, a girl i would gladly protect to the ends. This girl, it doesn't matter if she wants me to or not. I want to, be it from the side, from the shadows. I always want to be by her side now... I would want to protect these three always, and make sure no one ever hurts them again. Its unrealistic but hell, i do that for the people i truly love. Thereafter my immediate family, then a list of people that had gone through the worst and the most horrible times with me when even my father deserted me.
So what makes a man? Anyone can be a male, that is one thing for sure. But one thing, one belief i held for a long time and finally seen in only one man. Okay to me for the longest time, a gentlemen is someone who can hold doors, chivalrous much. Does the sweetest things for his girl. But charm and sweetness gets a guy nowhere. What makes a man, i felt for like since, ever was the fact that he must have three things. Im pretty much the extremist...call me a fanatic, call me a dog. I've had it trying to please the jokers everywhere.
A desire to fight for his family. To protect no matter the cost, is the first. The fierceness of a dreamer,backed by the actions of a worker and finally a commitment that keeps him going no matter what happens to him. That makes a man in my eyes...someone i truly respect. How many have i seen with such? 2.
Leroy said this. Male by birth,man by choice. Anyone can be a daddy, but it takes a real man to be a father. It's not the short short motivation from any other talks. Its me now wanting to fight for the people around me...
I realised how weak i really am, but now i want to change for these people.
I will never forget this question, and this quote.
"What have you done to deserve and demand everything you want and have now?"
"Its when you lose someone important for the first time, you cry and cry, but nothing improves until you want it to"
